At Alpha Wireless have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Production team who are responsible for manufacturing Alpha Wireless antennas at our lab in Ballybrittas. You will play an integral role in the production process where you will see the end results of your work making a real impact on the world around you.
Successful candidates will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Inspection of antenna assemblies including mechanical assemblies, PCB and Cable soldering sub-assemblies.
- Perform RF testing and tuning on all electronic assemblies and finished products and ensure that they all meet the functional RF test specification and quality standards.
- Record testing data and consistently communicate relevant testing information to the Lead and Supervisor.
- Work with Product Builders regarding soldering and assembly issues identified during the testing process.
- Troubleshoot all failing electronic assemblies and finished products
- Adhere to Product Work Instructions while testing antenna assemblies and finished goods in a busy testing area while ensuring Quality and Safety standards are maintained to the highest level.
- Daily calibration of all testing equipment.
- Assist with general upkeep of facilities ensuring that the test areas are maintained clean and tidy.
- Any other duties that may arise as a result of business requirements.
- Ability to communicate with team members and management team.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and also as part of a broader manufacturing team.
- Desire and ability to learn with a positive attitude and work ethic.
- Good Mechanical aptitude and hand skills.
- Flexible to move in a fast-paced test environment with good organizational skills
- Competent understanding of computers and associated software, e.g., MS Office
- Proven self-starter with initiative, creativity, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a cross-functional group environment
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferable but not essential as full on the job training will be provided
- Previous experience tuning circuits with indium and gold
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering technology or engineering
- Experience using electronic test equipment such as RF Network Analysers
- Good understanding of RF test instrumentation
- Understanding of RF concepts and devices
- Basic knowledge of antennas
- Added skills would be antenna assembly skills and soldering skills
- Experience with RF concepts, like return loss and PIM