Position: Senior RF Engineer
We are currently seeking a Senior RF Engineer to join our Research and Development department and be part of our dedicated head office team in Laois. The successful candidate will contribute creative and innovative ideas and help Alpha achieve our goals. If you are dedicated to meeting higher standards and driving Organisational excellence and you are motivated and excited about being part of this highly capable team, you’ll fit right in.
The Mandate – Direct responsibility
- Use simulation tools to create RF designs for base station antennas according to specification.
- Work as senior member of RF design team on new design concepts.
- Organise and Lead the build of prototypes.
- Organise and lead the testing of prototypes in Alpha’s indoor anechoic chamber and outdoor far field test range.
- Approve that test report data match specification.
- Create weekly report on project progress.
- Design and implement cost reduction programs
- Cooperate closely with Production engineers to ensure designs are fit for mass production.
- Liaise with Purchasing in relation to purchasing parts for prototypes to ensure cost targets are met.
- Liaise with production during new product introduction.
- Closely cooperate with other members of the engineering team (mechanical engineers, project managers.) to ensure project meet KPI’s
- Organised individual with a constant focus and attention to detail.
- A self-starter with a proven history of excellent results.
- Creative and willing to contribute innovative ideas and professional opinion.
- Batchelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering or Higher.
- Extensive background in Base station antenna design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability and confidence to deal with a broad range of people in various Departments.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team Player.