Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Alpha Wireless designs and manufactures high performance base station antennas for all applications and standards. We are looking for people that are interested in changing the way wireless networks are built. Our team works hard to understand the customer’s end-to-end process. We don’t just focus on antenna requirements. We believe that with the right people and process our team will continue to develop unique solutions that set the standard for quality, performance and aesthetic design.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Research and Development department and be part of our dedicated head office team in Laois. The successful candidate will contribute creative and innovative ideas and help Alpha achieve our goals. If you are dedicated to meeting higher standards and driving Organisational excellence and you are motivated and excited about being part of this highly capable team, you’ll fit right in.
The Mandate – Direct responsibility
- Use Solid works and AutoCAD/Draftsight to create mechanical designs for base station antennas according to specification.
- Work as a member of mechanical design team on new design concepts.
- Organise and lead the build of prototypes.
- Manage projects from evaluation to production release.
- Implement cost reduction programs.
- Create weekly report on project progress.
- Lead and organise environmental testing.
- Cooperate closely with Production engineers to ensure designs are fit for mass production.
- Compile bill of materials and costings for each project/product.
- Liaise with Purchasing in relation to purchasing parts for prototypes and to ensure cost targets are met.
- Liaise with production during new product introduction.
- Work closely with other members of the Engineering Team to ensure projects meet KPI’s.
- Organised individual with a constant focus and attention to detail.
- A self-starter with a proven history of excellent results.
- Creative, innovative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Higher.
- Background in telecommunication design is an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability and confidence to deal with a broad range of people.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team Player.