OnGo deployments were shortlisted for the second annual OnGo Awards to recognize the innovations taking place in the 3.5 GHz CBRS band
The OnGo Alliance, an industry organization focused on driving the development, commercialization, and adoption of OnGo™ shared spectrum solutions, today announced the finalists of the second annual 2021 OnGo Awards. The OnGo Awards recognize innovations in delivering real-world OnGo solutions that also highlight the market impact of shared spectrum in the 3.5 GHz CBRS band. The winners will be announced in January 2022.
The OnGo Awards helps draw attention to the rise of private LTE and private 5G networks across the U.S., spanning many vertical markets. Following the Federal Communications Commission’s auction of Priority Access Licenses (PALs) last year, the space has forever changed how enterprises approach connectivity. According to industry analyst house, IDC, the combined private LTE/5G infrastructure market will reach $5.7 billion by 2024.
“This year’s finalists have made great progress toward real-world benefits and profitable business models that can be scaled up,” shared OnGo head judge and Mobile Experts Chief Analyst Joe Madden. “In particular, it’s encouraging to see the collaboration between radio vendors, cloud players, system integrators, and operators. CBRS is an ecosystem play, and the structure of the ecosystem has become more clear.”
The 2021 OnGo Award finalists included:
- Excellence in OnGo Operator Deployment – Celona/SBA Communications, CommScope/Helium/FreedomFi, and Ericsson/Verizon
- Excellence in Fixed Wireless OnGo Deployment – Alpha Wireless, AtLink Services/Telrad, BLiNQ Networks
- Excellence in OnGo Enterprise Deployment – Betacom, Ericsson/Qualcomm and Geoverse
- Excellence in OnGo Industrial Deployment – Betacom, Federated Wireless/Department of Defense (DoD), JMA Wireless/Tilson
- Excellence in OnGo for Education Deployment – Celona, Federated Wireless/AWS/CarnegieMellon, and JMA Wireless/Amazon Web Services/Crown Castle/Druid Software
- Excellence in OnGo for Municipality/Smart City – Baicells, Celona/SBA Communications, and JMA Wireless/Tilson/Dell/USIgnite/Federated Wireless
- Neutral Host OnGo Architecture/Solution – Boingo Wireless and Geoverse/Ericsson/Google
OnGo Award finalists were selected based on their distinction in business models, ease of deployment, cost savings, new service offerings, and cutting-edge technology. The finalists will be narrowed down to the winners by this year’s judges led by Joe Madden, Founder and Chief Analyst at Mobile Experts; Melissa Ashurst, CEO at Impact Broadband; Martha DeGrasse, Freelance Journalist; Iain Gillott, Founder and President at iGR; Mark Lowenstein, Managing Director at Mobile Ecosystem; and Monica Paolini, Principal at Senza Fili.
“A huge congratulations to this year’s OnGo Awards finalists! We look forward to seeing who our selected winners are in the new year, as well as the continued growth of the OnGo device ecosystem and deployments as they further reshape the way that spectrum is used and refine the operations of businesses across the country,” Madden continues
To learn more about OnGo Awards, visit https://ongoawards.org/.